Odovtos-Int J Dent Sc publishes articles in all fields of Oral, Craniofacial and Dental Sciences. We consider unpublished and original manuscripts with a prominent focus on critical and innovative data and information, promoting major clinical, academic and scientific research. Original Research articles based on laboratorial, biological and clinical experimental design are prioritized, while literature reviews and case reports has to provide a potential relevance to the field. Our journal will follow as much as possible the recommendations of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) in regard to review best practice and ethical standards in the conduct and reporting of research and other material published in dental/medical journals. The articles submitted must be original and unpublished.
From July 1 2021, an author contribution statement should be provided during the submission process. This would enhance the transparency and ethical policies regarding authorship to recognize individual author contributions, reducing authorship disputes or misconduct, and facilitating collaboration. This measure is a usual statement that is more commonly used worldwide and would contribute to comply ICMJE Policies.
The ICMJE recommends that authorship be based on the following 4 criteria:
- Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; AND
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; AND
- Final approval of the version to be published; AND
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
In addition to being accountable for the parts of the work he or she has done, an author should be able to identify which co-authors are responsible for specific other parts of the work. In addition, authors should have confidence in the integrity of the contributions of their co-authors.
All those designated as authors should meet all four criteria for authorship, and all who meet the four criteria should be identified as authors. Those who do not meet all four criteria should be acknowledged.
Sample of an author contribution statement
- For all articles, a short paragraph specifying their individual contributions must be provided and would be published. The following statements should be used:
"Conceptualization and Design, X.X. and Y.Y.; Literature Review, X.X.; Methodology and Validation, X.X.; Formal Analysis, X.X.; Investigation and Data Collection, X.X.; Resources, X.X.; Data Analysis and Interpretation, X.X.; Writing – Original Draft Preparation, X.X.; Writing – Review & Editing, X.X.; Supervision, X.X.; Project Administration, X.X.; Funding Acquisition, Y.Y.”