Actualidades en Psicología (Current Trends in Psychology, CTP) is an official, peer-reviewed journal of the University of Costa Rica (UCR). The journal, sponsored by Instituto de Investigaciones Psicológicas (IIP), also a part of the University, has as its main purpose the dissemination of scientific production in every branch of the psychological sciences and related subjects. This is achieved through the publication of original, hitherto-unpublished articles that show and explain results both from empirical research and from theoretical and methodological contributions. The journal is available in Spanish, English and Portuguese, and is aimed mainly at students and professionals in Psychology and related fields. From 2018 onwards, article publication in Current Trends in Psychology will be continuous; that is, articles will be published until the journal issue is complete. Closing dates for publication occur both in May and November. The journal’s call for papers is likewise open and permanent; thus, authors are welcome to submit their manuscripts throughout the year. The submissions should reflect the guidance provided under “Guidelines for Authors.” Submission, revision and processing of manuscripts is free of charge.
The journal is interested in original research contributions to the psychological sciences, which must respect and adhere to the highest ethical and scientific rules. Current Trends in Psychology seeks to encourage scientific investigation, to promote the discussion of relevant ideas for psychological sciences, and to disseminate professional and academic information relevant to the discipline.
The journal currently ranks high in the UCRIndex. Furthermore, it is indexed in:
- PsycINFO, the American Psychological Association database
- SCIELO, Scientific Electronic Library Online-Brazil
- REDALYC, journal network for Latin America, the Caribbean, Portugal and Spain
- PEPSIC, Electronic Psychology Journals – Brazil
- DIALNET, Spanish and Latin American journal database
- DOAJ, Directory of Open Access Journals; Lund University, Sweden
- Latindex, Regional online information system for scientific journals in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal
- REDBIB, Ibero-American Innovation and Scientific Knowledge Network
- CLASE, Latin American Citations in Social Sciences and Humanities
- Google Scholar
- ESCI, Emerging Sources Citation Index
Influencia de las variables sociodemográficas sobre la ansiedad y el rendimiento académico adolescente: el contexto pluricultural de Ceuta
Pulido Acosta F., Herrera Clavero F.
Techio E., Silva Ferreira A., Abreu H., Rosas Torres A.