Revista de Biología Tropical is a Full Open Access journal aimed at specialized personnel in the fields of Biology and Conservation. It has been published since 1953 and has both electronic and printed editions.
Why publish in RBT?
- Fully indexed: RBT is included in Science Citation Index, Google Scholar, Current Contents, Biological Abstracts, and about 50 other international indices.
- Rapid decision and publication (5 days for first decision, 4-8 months from submission to publication).
- Fair: a double-blind system for a fair evaluation of manuscripts.
- High real impact*, not only because of its citation rate, but also because it is widely read in countries with the highest biodiversity, where your article can have the most impact on the conservation of tropical biodiversity.
- A dedicated staff gives you a personalized treatment.
- World Class Editorial and Scientific Boards.
- FREE PUBLICATION: the journal is Full Open Access and is free for both authors and readers*.
*All articles since the first issue in 1953 to the present are freely available online so they are more likely to be cited than articles from pay-wall journals. Each article receives 10 free printed pages of space, which is enough for most scientific papers. Additional pages can be published at cost.
- Our journal publishes scientific articles in all fields of tropical biology and conservation.
- Selection criteria are the quantity and quality of new information and interest to a general readership. The studied ecosystems, or at least the organisms, must be predominantly tropical. Normal issues only publish feature studies*.
We only publish feature articles*, based on any of four types: studies with a strong experimental design; field work prolonged enough to present a reliable image of annual variation; literature reviews; or taxonomic-systematic studies above the species level. We do not publish notes, short communications, species lists, new species of individual invertebrates, microorganisms or plants, range extensions, new records and other preliminary or short studies, or highly specialized technical reports of limited interest (e.g. agricultural papers).
* Special issues, financed by research organizations, do include all kinds of publications, including short papers, new invertebrate species, checklists, technical reports, etc. To publish a special issue, contact email@example.com
How to publish in RBT?
1. Before you send your manuscript please see Our Scope above and carefully our Guide for Authors guide and Graph’s Guide:
- Guide for Authors (please make sure you follow everything in this short guide)
- Graphs Guide (these simple instructions will let you improve all graphs, not only those that you send to our journal)
You can also benefit from our Format Sample:
2. Once you are sure your manuscript is ready, sign the Submission Letter:
- Submission Letter (print, fill out, and send it as a scanned copy in PDF format or as a digital photo, together with your manuscript. Note: if not within reach, multiple letters may be sent to supply all coauthors’ signatures)
3. To submit, just sign in to our plat form by clicking here.
Read the journal free of charge
Our journal is in accordance with the Open Acces Initiative rules, each published article can be downloaded or read from this website from 1953 to the present.
Zambrano-Mila M., Sibaja-Cordero J., Alfaro-Núñez A.
Rincón Barón E., Guerra Sierra B., Sandoval A., Espinosa S.